Friday, November 18, 2011

Jude Phillip

At the first of my pregnancy my friend Linda from church approached me and asked if I would like to have a doula. I had no idea what a doula was. Come to find out, a Doula is a person who supports the mother physically and mentally through labor. I knew I wanted to have an epidural so I did not know if I really needed a doula to help me get through it. On Oct 30 Linda came over to our house and we discussed a birthing plan. I think we were both wondering if her services were really needed, but we decided that even just having her support would be nice.

On Nov 2nd about 6:30pm I noticed my contractions were a little bit stronger than just the braxton hicks contractions I had been having. I also noticed they were coming regular. I started to time them and found they were every 4-5min.

Kenny left at about 6pm for his temple recommend interview with the stake pres. and then went to the school to study for a test he had coming up. Around 9pm I started to think this could be it. The contractions are not letting up. So I tried to call Kenny and found he left his phone at home. I started to panic, I started to picture my self having the baby in the home.( I don't know why I always start to think of the worst, but that is just were my mind went.) I called my friend Kira to see if her husband Paul was with Kenny studying. Found that he was with Kira, but they were on there way home so they agreed to go over to the school and find Kenny. (Thanks again Paul and Kira)

Kenny came running home and we decided that we would go up to the hospital. I called my friend Lindsay Whiting and she came over and spent the night with the boys. When we arrived at the hospital we found that I was only dilated to a 3. They wanted to keep me for a few hours to see how fast I was going. We were in a small triage room until about 4:30 am. When the doctor decided to keep us for good. I was still only at a 3, but the doctor said since this is my 3rd I could go really fast once I went. Kenny and I both went to sleep once in the regular room.

At at 8am the doctor came in to brake my water, and I also received my epidural. At this point I decided to call Linda my Doula. Come to find out, she was much needed, and such a blessing. Kenny had a lot of studying to do for his test, so Linda and I talked and talked. She made my day go by very fast. She helped me with Names for the baby, and breathing through each contraction. My epidural was weird. I was totally numb, but I still felt the pressure/pain of most contractions. So Linda helped me breath and concentrate on other things to get me through it.

Labor with Jude lasted a lot longer than it did with the other boys. The Dr. eventually put me on pitoson so I would have this baby.

Here are some pic's of Kenny and I through out the day.





Jude Phillip was born at 4:36pm on Nov 3rd. He had the cord wrapped around his neck and did not cry as much as they would have liked so they took him over to the side to work on him. This is a pic of him just looking at his dad. (I love this picture)



Once they found he was OK, they weighed him 7lb 5oz and 21 in long.







Then it was finally my time to get him. We both could not take our eyes off each other. It was love at first sight.












We had the name Phillip picked out for the middle name. My grandpa Moss's first name was Phil, and I knew I wanted to name him after him. The first name was a harder to pick. Kenny really wanted to name him after something here in Virginia. His first choice was Rudee, From Rudee's inlet( a popular surfing spot, down at the ocean front) he also liked Hampton and Langley. I really liked Shad or Jett. But a few days earlier my sister Haylee suggested Jude, and I liked that name enough to put on the list. When he was born I knew that was his name. It just fit him.




This is a pic of Linda, I will never forget how nice it was to have her there. I hope we are close to her if I have another little one.




We missed having our extended family around for this experience, But we still had an amazing time. Kenny was also a great support. I am glad I get to experience all this with him. He is an amazing husband and dad. And he was able to get a really good score on his test with all of this stuff going on.

7 comments:

hope2adoptbaby

He is awesome! Congrats. to your cute little family! Shelby

Elle Keeps Moving

he is so gorgeous, jenny!! i'm so excited for you guys! and that's so cool you had a doula. and i LOVE the name jude. congrats!!! i hope i get to meet him at christmas!

Unknown

Thanks for sharing your story. I didn't hear all the details. Can't wait to see you guys! It's coming soon! Love you!
P.S. You spelled my name wrong but I forgive you.

Marie

Congratulations! It was so good to get to read your story and feel a little more connected in, though we are so far away. He is a sweetie, and the name is beautiful! Lots of love!

Gma Kathy

Love the blog. Can't wait to see you all again.

Liz

Congratulations, Jenny! He's absolutely beautiful! (And I'm a big supporter of the Doula resurgence - what a blessing!) xo, Liz

Ali Miller

How amazing! I love the name and he is GORGEOUS! No surprise, just saying... ;D

Post a Comment